Friday, April 16, 2010

Birthday Fun Vegas Style!

This year for my birthday we went to Vegas!  It was actually for both of our birthdays.  Charlie's is 2 days after mine.  We decided to spend the night in Jackpot on St. Patricks Day since we had a free room coupon during the week.  We left late Wednesday night and arrived in Jackpot around midnight...  of course...we stayed up later than we should have gambling!


The next morning we woke up and headed out to Vegas.  Needless to say...we stayed up half of the night gambling so we didn't exactly get a early start.  But we were on vacation...no schedule needed!

When we arrived in Vegas I was amazed at all of the people.  They were everywhere.  It was all so fast paced it was almost overwhelming.  We got there about 6pm and went straight to our hotel to get checked in.  We were staying at the Monte Carlo. 



Charlie's friend Marshall that he used to work with in Alaska lives in Vegas now and works at the Monte Carlo and was able to get us a great room rate for our whole stay.  When we got there he told us we were 1 floor from the top...It was so sweet of him to hook us up!  When we got to our room this is what we found:
Not only did he get us great room rates...He set us up with a llittle mini bar, robes on the bed, etc.  We were very impressed!  Thanks Marshall!
Once we got into our room and were getting settled, the phone rang and Marshall was calling to see how we liked it and to let us know that he got us some tickets to a show and to be ready at 9 and meet him downstairs and he would have someone take us to our seats.  The show was Frank Caliendo who is an impressionist and he was hilarious.  We gambled and drank some while we waited for 9 to get there.  It was a great 1st night in Vegas!

The 2nd day we just walked around the streets of Vegas and went into shops and checked stuff out.  Each night we would go out and gamble...The gambling there was fun but man was it a joke!  SO...many people.  Although, we did end up going to Circus Circus and Charlie won about 750 on one hand and I won 150...so that wasn't too bad.  We both made our money last with gambling pretty well.  It was a good time!  I can't wait to go back.



We made a trip to the M&M Store on the last day we were there.  I love that place!  It is by far my favorite place in Vegas so far!!



Another stop that I had to make was the "Welcome to Vegas" sign!  That was 1 of the main things I couldn't miss!


Marshall took us on a ride to old downtown Las Vegas to Freemont Street.  We didnt spend much time there but I really hope we get to go there next time!  It was really neat.  We then took Marshall out to dinner to thank him for getting us set up with our room and show tickets!


While we were in downtown Vegas...we visited the Golden Nugget. We ended up meeting one of the employees and he showed us around.  He took us out to the pool and they have their slide that goes through the center of a shark tank.  It was really exciting.



All in all...We had a fantastic trip and we both had a great birthday!  I want to go back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 3 wonderful kids and have met the man of my dreams and I am happier than I have ever been in my life. I work for a machine supply shop in Meridian. I am loving every day of my life and wouldn't trade it for anything!

Followers